=BTD= clan forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
=BTD= clan forum

Last update: October 11, 2016

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inYoutube

Computer problem on getting missile boy admin panel to work.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jslight4
Corporal
Jslight4

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Computer problem on getting missile boy admin panel to work. Empty
PostSubject: Computer problem on getting missile boy admin panel to work.   Computer problem on getting missile boy admin panel to work. EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 4:51 pm

On my computer that I use for BattleField2 Sandbox I have been trying to download the admin panel made by missile boy and his friends. Though it never seems to work.

I extracted the file download that is the updated admin panel (which is supposed to unlock alot of features such as making smoke grenades come out of jets machine guns.) Though when I drag it to the C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\sandbox\Menu_server/HUD/HUDsetup zip file it will not let me, it says "Access is denied."

So I try to extract the Menu_server files and i selected the destination it reccommended "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\sandbox\Menu_server"

then I get this message:

[Window Title]
Compressed (zipped) Folders Error

[Content]
Compressed (zipped) Folders was unable to create the specified directory. Ensure that
the directory does not already exist, and that the path entered is valid.

Some things that might be affecting me from geting this to work are:

My computer is an Acer
It runs Windows Vista.

Any ideas on how to help? I wish to have the admin panel on my computer, but I am unable to. All help will be appreciated.

(note I had to uninstall BF2 Sandbox 2 times because I tried to fix this.)
Back to top Go down
PilotDeath
Founding Father
Founding Father
PilotDeath

Number of posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: Computer problem on getting missile boy admin panel to work.   Computer problem on getting missile boy admin panel to work. EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 5:08 pm

Uhm, well i didn't really extract mine, i just downloaded the file and replaced the Menu_server file or hud whatever is with that file and it worked. I wouldn't try it if i were u because i did a couple of other things, but maybe someone with more tech knoldege than me will help?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/xpilotdeathx
Aero37
Lance Corporal

Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: Computer problem on getting missile boy admin panel to work.   Computer problem on getting missile boy admin panel to work. EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 11:37 pm

The problem in Vista is that you need admin access to write to the Program Files folder, even on an admin account.

Extract menu_server to the desktop, then update the file in it with the missleboy admin scoreboard file. then rezip it into the sandbox folder.

make sure it's /Menu_server.zip/6 folders here
and not /Menu_server.zip/Menu_server/6 folders here
Back to top Go down
=BTD=M pepsi~max
=BTD=M pepsi~max

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Computer problem on getting missile boy admin panel to work.   Computer problem on getting missile boy admin panel to work. EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 8:02 am

add me to ur Xfire and ill send u a fully modded one

oh im pepsimax2007

Last edited by =BTD=pepsi~max on Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot my Xfire addres)
Back to top Go down
Ccharge
Corporal
Ccharge

Number of posts : 36

PostSubject: Re: Computer problem on getting missile boy admin panel to work.   Computer problem on getting missile boy admin panel to work. EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 6:58 am

u extracted the file? jeez u could told me that when we were chatting on xfire when it happened. files dont like to work to great with xtractions(well atleast most files) i always copy and paste.
Back to top Go down
Jslight4
Corporal
Jslight4

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: uhhhhhh........   Computer problem on getting missile boy admin panel to work. EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Aero37 wrote:
The problem in Vista is that you need admin access to write to the Program Files folder, even on an admin account.

Extract menu_server to the desktop, then update the file in it with the missleboy admin scoreboard file. then rezip it into the sandbox folder.

make sure it's /Menu_server.zip/6 folders here
and not /Menu_server.zip/Menu_server/6 folders here

Maybe you could just send me a PM of steps to make it work? I dont really understand your method.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Computer problem on getting missile boy admin panel to work.   Computer problem on getting missile boy admin panel to work. Empty

Back to top Go down

Computer problem on getting missile boy admin panel to work.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
=BTD= clan forum :: General :: Problems-
Jump to: